CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Saying goodbye is never easy… but 5K sure makes it easier!



So some of you may know that may old Subaru died a week and half ago. I have been in the process of looking for a new car … either a Honda Element or Honda Civic (If any of you know of a good deal on either give me a ring) So I decided a week ago that I would sell some of my original art to help finance the car. I had a Sandman page from Issue #3 and thought I could get around a thousand for it. Well I started doing some research and found that I had undervalued it. So after all was said and done, after I held a bid for the page, I received $5,600.00 to put toward my new car. Most people in my family were a bit surprised to say the least.


I purchased the page from the artist around 12 years ago for $40.00. I have had it forever and even though I got a lot of money for it, I'm very sad to see it go. It was one of those things that reminded me of a piece of my past, a sign post of the time I spent working at Night Flight.


So on Saturday I said goodbye and shipped it off to its new owner. All I have to say is he better take care of it or he may have an angry man on his doorstep!




0 comments:

 
Site Meter